Re: [TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II
From: "Tom Azlin, N4ZPT" <tom@n4zpt.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:49:41 -0700
Hi Scott,

I must say I am a bit surprised.  when I was inside my Orion putting in
the Inrad filter, it was clear to me that the boards could be easily
replaced.  And when I had to change the battery in the processor that
also seemed to be something that could be replaced.

So I am wondering what your upgrade policy will be.  I did notice that
the specs as reported in the ARRL tests for the 7800 and 9000 are not
much different than the Orion's specs.  I hope the Orion II will improve
the tested specs.

I am looking forward to this discussion on the reflectors and to talking
to you about this at the hamfest.

73, Tom Azlin n4zpt