Re: [TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:25:48 -0400
I had that "fun" too when I was tracking down an unsoldered pin on the
headphone jack.  It was high excitement -- would I be able to put this
thing back together without busting it?  This is not something your
average appliance operator wants to do.

One of the features I look for in new radios is "repairability".  Can
you unfold the radio to get access to every part or board?  Are boards
modular, allowing for upgrades or replacement on a "fine grain" basis?
 And so on.  Compare the packaging of the better PCs, like the Apple
G5.

Actually, the Orion is pretty good (with its famous empty spaces)
until you need to work on the digital front panel board.

73 Martin AA6E

martin.ewing@gmail.com
http://blog.aa6e.net