Re: [TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:25:29 -0500
I recall a post here some 4 mos ago that made slight reference a new version
that might be appearing soon.  This was pre-Dayton too.

For those that ordered an Orion in the past 30 days, (a) you can cancel the
order and then upgrade to the II or (b) get the one you ordered.  For those
that choose (a) that will free up a few more that would like to order from
the final production run.  For those that have received an Orion in the past
30 days or less, now is decision time;  keep it, or return it.  Ohhhh, glad
I don't have to make that one.

For some 15 years I happened to have worked for one of the major
international electronics companies.  New models were released at trade
shows or by other forms of announcements.  Only then and after the notice
was released was any notice of discontinuation done and even then we would
fill the orders of the older units.  We never announced last call or
discontinuation until after the new model was released.  It's just good
business.

73
Bob, K4TAX