Re: [TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II
From: "Stan Dicks" <w4ag@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:43:47 -0400
Many of you have long-term relationships with Ten-Tec, and obviously warm
and fuzzy feelings toward them. The Orion I purchased from them a little
over a month ago is my first relationship with them. When I called to order
it, if they had said that I could get an updated version of the radio with
TFT screen, better filtering arrangement, faster processors, etc., etc., I
would have happily waited and been willing to pay more. Instead, they
mentioned none of that and cheerfully sold me one of the last Orion I's to
be made, and now my investment, in a month or so, has gone down by something
like $1000-1500. So, I do not have warm and fuzzy feelings toward Ten-Tec. I
love the radio, but I feel like the company has not treated me well. I wish
I had kept the IC-775DSP and IC-756proII I sold to buy the Orion, and I
doubt if I will ever buy another Ten-Tec product.

73,
Stan, W4AG