Re: [TenTec] 30-day Return Policy

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 30-day Return Policy
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:29:04 -0500
I commented to one respondent privately regarding the return policy issue.
In that comment I revealed the return practice at one of the major "home
improvement" places.  Frankly, I am amazed to see the number of pressure
washers, paint sprayers and other tools that are bought on Friday and then
returned "very used" on Monday with the excuse that it didn't work and I
want my money back.  I even know of specific instances where persons have
purchased riding lawn mowers in the spring and returned very used riding
lawn mower in the fall.  Next spring, another new one goes out the door.

Folks, it doesn't take a very smart person to realize this activity costs
money and guess just who pays?  Every customer that buys something must
realize that a small portion of the loss is added to the selling price.
Translation: WE DO!   I am really surprised at what the general public will
do and expect.  I see that hams seem to be no different.

73
Bob, K4TAX