Re: [TenTec] Paragon Questions - My first

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon Questions - My first
From: <ve1bn@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:11:05 -0400
W6FO -

The original Paragon has FM if that accessory board is installed.  The RS232
also is an aaccessory board that must be added for connecting to a computer
for logging, if one wishes same.

The Paragon II (Model 586) already has these installed by the factory, at
least
mine did.  It has AM transmit and receive as well.  The Paragon (Model 585)
cannot transmit AM.

Might be wise to ask the seller what model he is offering.

Be careful firing it up after it has been stored for so long.  Filter cap in
the PS,
and smaller PC board-mounted electrolytics can dry out and fail.

Hope the rig you are getting is the PII.  Good luck.

Don, ve1bn@ns.sympatico.ca