Re: [TenTec] O-II Thoughts

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O-II Thoughts
From: RaySoifer@cs.com
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 10:11:20 EST
gjstrong@comcast.net writes:
> Bernie,
> I've only had mine a few days so my thoughts are limited.  I moved from a
> Corsair II that I owned for over 15 years to the Orion II.  The radio is
> fantastic.  The receiver is unbelievable and the ability to turn the pass
> band down to 100 hz and still hear the signal.  Many, many options to set up
> the rig, so many it will take me months to learn them all.  That being said,
> the basic operation took only an hour or so learn.
>
> No lockups, bugs, etc. so far on my rig.  Its working perfectly.  I am
> looking for a list of different setups that people use for various types of
> operating.  Anyone have something like this?

I had one of the earliest O2s and it had some problems, notably with a
crashing CPU.  TT replaced it and the new one is fantastic, just as Gary said.
It
may be my own perception, but most of the more recent gripes I've seen on this
reflector seem to concern SSB issues.  I operate 99% CW, so I'm probably not
the right person to ask about those.  For me at least, the O2 is a keeper!

73,

Ray W2RS