Re: [TenTec] Ham Radio Deluxe

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ham Radio Deluxe
From: "DW Holtman" <tubestuff@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 07:42:48 -0700
Hello,

Thank you to everyone who send suggestions and ideas to fix this problem,
especially Dell KI7XD for sending me a three page document from Ten Tec.
However, the problem is the same. I'm using a 25 db to 25 db cable. It is
wired correctly according to the manual and the document from Ten Tec. The
only difference is the manual has some jumper wires on the PC side of the
plug. The document does not show the jumpers? What are they for? It is
wired:

2 to 2
3 to 3
7 to 7

and jumpers on the PC end

4 to 5
6 to 8 to 20.

The document talks a built in diagnostic mode to trouble shoot communication
problems. It is several years old making references to Windows 98 and using
HyperTerminal to communicate. I will try this out I'm running XP.

My computer has no 9 pin serial ports. It has one 25 pin serial port on the
back (I assume it is serial port). How can I figure out if it is com 1 or
com 2 etc?

Any more help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I hope this makes
some sense, there are several items mentioned.

Best,
DW Holtman
WB7SSN