Re: [TenTec] [Fwd: Line Isolator Balun (sorta) question.]

To: jruing@ameritech.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Fwd: Line Isolator Balun (sorta) question.]
From: John Chance-Read <johnchanceread@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 18:28:10 +0000 (GMT)
I won't go into the technical aspects of your query - cos I don't know nothink
!.
BUT I tried what you proposed following problems with both my rigs ATU an
expensive Sig Gen, my SWR Meter and a brand new monitor.  Monitor, Sig Gen and
one of my rig went US.   I continued to have problem (though not as much) after
I fitted all of your suggestions.
In the end I found that pointing the end of my dipole directly at the Shack
stopped the lot.  It was the radiated signal that was doing the damage.
John