Re: [TenTec] swr

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] swr
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 18:48:46 -0400
Not arguing... but how do we know that?    So much of the literature
claims that impedance is either way high or way low, and SWR is way
wacky, and, therefore, there are HUGE losses in the coax...   Your
comment is more encouraging.

Using a coax loss measurement program one finds on the Antenna Book CD
Disk,  it seems like it is 1.5 dB to 1.8 dB on 160 meters (less on
higher bands.)
This does not comport with much of the literature on these antennas.

Can you embellish your position any?   I am very curious.  (Again... not
arguing, just asking as it IS rather more optimistic than some others
have indicated.)

And yes...  you identified ANOTHER problem with the description.  Good eye.