Re: [TenTec] RFI Issues and other station high voltage precautions

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RFI Issues and other station high voltage precautions
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 20:27:15 -0400
That is CORRECT !         Although...    HE DOES NOW !!

His story came up during a similar conversation on a short wave radio
discussion group, and similar to the original inquiry on this thread,
his listening post is located on the second floor, and he was asking how
to protect it from lightning, without his ground wire becoming an
ersatz, unintended antenna.

I am lucky my shack is on the lowest floor and the ground (i.e. dirt) is
located immediately outside the wall behind the equipment, so it is only
a couple of feet from the buss bar to the ground stake.   I am confident
that helps keep stray RF out of the shack, and assure an effective
safety ground.