Re: [TenTec] TT 238C will not tune

To: rmcgraw@blomand.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT 238C will not tune
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 15:45:22 -0400
Well, this is where I get corn-fused.

The user manual states it is a REVERSIBLE L-NETWORK, whereby the fixed capacitors are either placed at the front of the circuit or at the end of the circuit using the BYPASS switch. I presume the current always flows in the same direction through the circuit, including the inductor. (Heck, I am still learning to read schematic diagrams.)

From some of the previous comments, it sounds as if there is some uncertainly as to the ZERO (0) inductor setting means the most or the least inductance.

Is this not revealed in the schematic? Or do we have to open the lid and look to determine the matter? And, would it not be the same from unit to unit? Some comments seem to suggest the Zero (0) setting could be different on some units.

Sorry if I missed a point along the way.  It is still a mystery to me.