Re: [TenTec] SOFTWARE at WRTC

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SOFTWARE at WRTC
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 07:17:11 -0400
Drivers aren't software?  OK, I know what you meant, but technically, that
statement is not accurate.

So, of OmniRig is a set of software drivers for various radios...
And it supports the CAT interface for these radios to for multiple Amateur
Radio applications, not just WinTest...
And it doesn't currently support the Eagle...

You don't think this is a problem?  Or am I still misunderstanding
something?

Regarding band data... so all of a sudden, the OmniRig driver situation is
NOT the reason that contest clubs aren't interested in the Eagle?

Fine.  This is getting nowhere.  I give up.  You win.  Nobody should contest
with the Eagle.

73, ron w3wn