Topband: Coupla things

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Coupla things
From: Niko Cimbur <ac6dd@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 21:25:07 -0800 (PST)
KA1J  writes on Sat Jan 26 15:04:13 EST 2013

> I was S&P and called one fellow out west who was fairly faint. When
he replied immediately, he was much, much stronger. It could be that
his amp warmed up and he just turned it on that second he replied but
that seems unlikely, it was remarkable how quick the reply and
difference in signal.
That might have been me. There is a simple explanation.
The wind would change the SWR on the antenna and kick my amplifier out.
There were a few times that I did not realize that had happen and would call CQ
barefoot,
than I noticed and reset the amp for the comeback.
73, Niko AC6DD
Topband Reflector