[Towertalk] Guy Grip Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Guy Grip Question
From: Jim White" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:04:10 -0400
Caution, there is also a downside....

On your upper guy grips - that attach to the tower leg...

If you constrain moisture at the end of those wraps it can corrode the guy
wire leading to guy failure...I have seen this happen!  I used to wrap the
ends of the guy grip with balck tape to make it a "neat" situation...

After unwrapping a guy wrap from a guy wire I saw the corroded cable
inside...victim of stagnant water held there by the taping...

This ain't just internet jabberjaw - I saw it.

K4OJ