Re: [TowerTalk] grounding

To: K7LXC@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] grounding
From: "Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:39:24 -0500
...on the inside of the shack, I have used different ground busses over the years... most recently flashing has been applied to the back of the operating table that runs the width of the table. Copper or brass flashing is kinda pricey though and:

I am wondering, for my shack there are short braids I have that run from the pieces of gear to the buss, would a long piece of

Aluminum

running at the back edge of the operating table work as the Buss? It could be easily tapped for 1/4- 20 stainless steel bolts for the braid to attach. A piece of copper flashing could then run from the Buss to the grounding rod outside the shack.

If this intermediate strip of

ALUMINUM

would work I could kill two birds with one stone in the construction of a new operating table... the new operating table is very wide and has few vertical supports along its length that you could hit your knees on... as such I am looking for ways to strengthen the "desk" from sagging and if I could use a structural aluminum extrusion for that perhaps it also could act as my ground buss...

Thoughts?

Thanks as always...

Jim, K4OJ