RE: [TowerTalk] Grounding, Lightning & corona discharge

To: "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Grounding, Lightning & corona discharge
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:57:48 -0500
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:16:08 -0500, Keith Dutson wrote:

>I want to see less than .01 ohm resistance across the longest path.

When thinking about it, remember that the energy in lightning is NOT at
dc, it is around 1 MHz. The impedance of that path is primarily
INDUCTIVE REACTANCE, not resistance. Resistance (greatly
increased by  skin effect)  will certainly produce the I2R losses, but XL
will determine current!

Jim Brown  K9YC