Re: [TowerTalk] Real waterproof connectors for rotators (was:source of 6

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Real waterproof connectors for rotators (was:source of 6/8 pin connectors?)
From: "Daron J. Wilson" <daron@wilson.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:45:37 -0800
> The trailer pigtails are pretty inexpensive ($1.99 for a male/female
> set with 8" wires from JC Whitney, for instance)..

I guess I'm missing the point, so now we have a connector set with 8" whips
that you splice onto the cables?  I would be inclined to use a connector set
that the wires could be soldered or mechanically connected to the pins to
avoid having to splice the pigtails on to the cable.

There are some similar plugs and jacks in the marine industry for
power/control to outboard motors.  The ones I've used are four conductor,
all brass with rubber boots.  I would think something like that would work
well as you could solder the wire on the pins and then assemble.  Generously
pump the boot full of dielectric grease and push the connectors together.