Re: [TowerTalk] 40M Homebrew Vertical - mounting ideas solicited

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40M Homebrew Vertical - mounting ideas solicited
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 09:41:35 -0800
On 1/22/2014 9:17 AM, Larry Banks wrote:
I am building a homebrew 40M vertical with raised radials.  (Yes, I have
studied the N6LF and K3LC literature.)

You might also find these two sets of Power Point slides useful.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/VerticalHeight.pdf

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/43FtVertical.pdf

Also look at the link to AD5X's work on the 43 ft vertical. And by all means buy and study the K7LXC / N0AX report on their measurements of various verticals. Based on their work, If I needed to put a multiband HF vertical on my roof, it would be one of Cushcraft R-series, like the R-8.

73, Jim K9YC