Re: [TowerTalk] 40M Homebrew Vertical - mounting ideas solicited

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40M Homebrew Vertical - mounting ideas solicited
From: "Larry Banks" <larryb.w1dyj@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 13:31:53 -0500
Thanks Hector and Matt,

I have already checked out all of the various places:  DX Engineering, MFJ,
etc.  They all show aluminum alongside of the driven element in some fashion.
My modeling shows that doing this distorts the RF field so I wish to not have
ANY metal alongside of the driven element.  I do plan on using the DX
Engineering Resin Support Blocks where appropriate.

I just looked at KX4O's web site and actually didn't see anything that was
directly helpful.

Thanks & 73!

Larry -- W1DYJ