[TowerTalk] 40M Homebrew Vertical - mounting ideas solicited

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40M Homebrew Vertical - mounting ideas solicited
From: "Larry Banks" <larryb.w1dyj@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 12:17:49 -0500
Hi all,

I am building a homebrew 40M vertical with raised radials.  (Yes, I have
studied the N6LF and K3LC literature.)

It will be sitting on a 10 foot metal mast.  I am looking for ideas for
mounting the driven element.  I want to be able to tilt the vertical over
without effecting the radials.  Obviously, the radials and driven element must
not be electrically connected to the mast or each other.  The mounting method
should not effect the radiation pattern -- implying that it cannot be
fabricated out of metal.  I also want to be able to raise the vertical myself
without my XYL needing to help me.  I plan on fabricating this myself, only
purchasing raw materials.

I am open to any weird ideas!  Pictures are especially helpful.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ