Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-up base

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-up base
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 00:33:35 -0400
On 4/30/2014 8:49 PM, Bob Farkaly wrote:
I had a ground water issue when I had my HG70HD installed in the sandy soil in
Poway near San Diego. The installer had to line the opening with plywood
sheets. He was careful about bracing the sheets after dropping the base
assembly into place. In place for 8 years and never a problem.

Sometimes there just ain't no other way. Most of my yard would let me go down 10 feet safely. You wouldn't get 3 feet in the NW 1/4. An engineer can tell you what to add if necessary. With that kind of soil, it'd probably meet undisturbed conditions in a few months. Ask the engineer.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Bob K9RHY