Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-up base

To: K7LXC@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crank-up base
From: Brian Amos <bamos1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 21:22:49 -0600
On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 10:38 AM, K7LXC--- via TowerTalk
<towertalk@contesting.com> wrote:
>>  The engineer didn't want to do a formal analysis, and  there is no
> permit involved. Undisturbed soil is what I'd heard, but the HyGain  book
> doesn't
> mention it. I have no idea how old it is.
>
>     Since way back then (70's? 80's?), the  TIA-222 has been written and
> revised several times. It is the industry standard  for tower installations.

TIA-222 has very little to say about the tower foundations except to
say that a geotechnical report is required and frost depth is
required.  It is a standard used to calculate the loading conditions
on the tower structure itself, it has nothing to do with the soil
engineering.