Re: [TowerTalk] Yagi gain vs rotary dipole.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yagi gain vs rotary dipole.
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:50:56 -0800
On Mon,11/24/2014 1:36 PM, Bryan Swadener via TowerTalk wrote:
Otherwise, everyone would just use omnidirectional antennas.

I look at that quite differently. I mostly design/choose TX antennas for max gain in the desired direction(s) and elevation angles over the desired bandwidth. I mostly design/choose RX antennas for most rejection of noise. For an antenna like an HF Yagi that must do both TX and TX, I'll give up rejection to get gain and bandwidth.

73, Jim K9YC