Re: [TowerTalk] More from the M2 antennas quality control file

To: Lizeth Norman <normanlizeth@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More from the M2 antennas quality control file
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 07:57:35 -0700
On 4/13/15 7:33 AM, Lizeth Norman wrote:
Thanks! I do understand. This makes the math a lot clearer.

Regarding the orbiting signal generators, if the spacecraft is in LEO,
then the accuracy of the tracking becomes "noise" on the measurement?
Are there any spacecraft that you could suggest?

I'd look for any of the numerous cubesats that are up. AMSAT probably has a list somewhere on their website.
They're radiating in the ham band.. not at 432 (hopefully).

You point the antenna at a fixed position in the sky and let the satellite cross through the beam and log the power. It will vary a lot due to a variety of effects, but averaging over multiple passes, etc. you can do pretty well.