Re: [TowerTalk] Abrasion resistant wire antenna support suggestions

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Abrasion resistant wire antenna support suggestions
From: NC3Z Gary <nc3z@outlook.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 11:59:02 +0000
Thanks for all the replies, there are a few that give me some good ideas.

I did not note it in my original post but I am using pulleys and Antenna
Tensioner devices. The rope is not breaking due to tree sway. Between
the trunk and the outside perimeter of the tree, the rope travels
through and there are branches that the rope passes by, these branches
move in the wind and rub against the rope.

But either steel cable of some sort for this area, or some sort of
flexible tubing slid over the rope in this area I see as solutions.
Simple enough but I was over thinking the issue and didn't consider the
simpler solutions. Thanks for the useful replies.

Gary Mitchelson
NC3Z/4 Pamlico County, NC FM15

   If you shoot the