Re: [TowerTalk] Abrasion resistant wire antenna support suggestions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Abrasion resistant wire antenna support suggestions
From: Les Kalmus <w2lk@bk-lk.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 19:28:07 -0500
Hang a pulley over a limb and secure it. Run the antenna support line through the pulley. No more abrasion.

Les W2LK

On 2/15/2017 7:22 PM, NC3Z Gary wrote:
I have been using what I thought was high quality UV resistant Dacron to
support my inverted L's. But the problem is as it runs through the
support pine trees it comes into contact with several limbs and branches
and it has been abraded to the point of failure in about 6 months. This
has happened a couple of times.

Any good products out there that is more resistant to limb abrasion?

Gary Mitchelson
NC3Z/4 Pamlico County, NC FM15