Re: [TowerTalk] High VSWR

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] High VSWR
From: "dj7ww@t-online.de" <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 17:10:41 +0200 (CEST)
Yes, that is the only reason for me to counter weight the boom, to have it
straight when I pull up or lower the antennas.
I do all my antenna work alone with the help of an electrical winch and need
the booms always straight for mounting them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I88s9dcwSNo

73
Peter

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [TowerTalk] High VSWR

I understand the objectives and mechanics of wind torque balancing of a
beam. Leeson explains how to do this with round elements so it works at
all wind angles.  (Physical Design of Yagi Antennas, chapter 6)

However, I don't understand why a counter-weight balanced beam is  a
benefit other than when tramming the beam and for on the tower work.