Re: [VHFcontesting] Sports vs. Radiosports

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Sports vs. Radiosports
From: Duane Grotophorst <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 19:18:23 -0700 (PDT)
I would suggest that such a contest be kept near
real-time for all participants who are competing for
awards. As I suggested before I think that a once per
hour log submission requirement would be adequate. Or
to better define such a rule you must update your log
to in order to avoid penalty (on the sponsor's server)
before your oldest unsubmitted Q is 1 hour old. So if
you actually do sleep at night or have other operating
gaps you need not worry about keeping your log updated
on the sponsors server continually. Just make sure
that you have no unsubmitted Q's before you take your
break. This may also help make the rover proposition a
bit more viable as well. It also allows you to not
need a continuous Internet connection open.

Duane
N9DG
EN53bj