Fwd: [VHFcontesting] Sports vs. Radiosports

To: VHF <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Fwd: [VHFcontesting] Sports vs. Radiosports
From: Michael Urich <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 06:21:27 -0500
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 19:18:23 -0700 (PDT), Duane Grotophorst
<n9dg@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would suggest that such a contest be kept near
> real-time for all participants who are competing for
> awards. As I suggested before I think that a once per
> hour log submission requirement would be adequate.

Mike wrote

Would someone explain to me how this would encourage the casual on
seldom contester to get on the air?  I would contend that this does
more to discourage than encourage participation in the contests.  I
think the object should be to get more people on the air.
--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

Character = How you treat people who can do nothing for you in return!