Re: [VHFcontesting] "Captive Rover" talking point, debunked

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] "Captive Rover" talking point, debunked
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:23:39 -0500
On 8/16/05, John Hawkinson <jhawk@mit.edu> wrote:

> Would a rule change here, to permit more operators for a rover
> station, significantly help to reduce the incidence of rovers
> who appear to be captive?

Mike wrote

I have long since forgotten whether I posted this here or not since
this tread has been replicated across about 3 maybe 4 lists now.

IMHO, we don't need to change the rules, nor do we need to change the
scoring.  All we need to do is create an additional category to
separate the traditional rover from the captive / circling / pack
rovers.  It is my opinion that separating the two methods of operation
would only spawn additional activity.  Now granted there will need to
be some rules clarification as to which category your log submission
should go in but that's about it.

YMMV

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH