Re: [VHFcontesting] "Handing Out" radio rules/ethics

To: les@highnoonfilm.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] "Handing Out" radio rules/ethics
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 21:58:04 EDT
I would think it OK for one ham to use your HT to make qsos with  you,
assuming you did not use it for qsos during the contest. He would not  have
violated the ARRL's "only one callsign per transmitter" rule.  Any  more than
one ham, the others would be violating this rule, probably  unknowingly, with
your knowing assistance.

An less ethical situation occurred at a big hamfest some years ago (when
hams actually carried working HTs with them) when some friends of a multiop
contest station had some beams set up in their flea market space, asking
passing hams to hook up their HTs and work the somewhat distant contest
station.  I don't know if anything was done about those qsos, but to me it
flunked
the  ethical smell test.

73   -  Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 6/24/2009 8:42:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,