Re: [VHFcontesting] Yagi vs Moxon

To: beamar <beamar@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Yagi vs Moxon
From: John Baranyi <n8um@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 12:08:40 -0400
I used a Par Moxon for years as part of a 50 - 2304 setup in The mountains of
Tennessee.  It took 13 minutes to level and crank up (fold up).  It only took 9
minutes to drop and stow when motivated by an approaching Thunderstorm...
See pix at http://www.chuckmartin.com/VHFContest2003_3.htm  they were taken as
Hurricane Sandy had just past.  Best DX  with these antennas were WA7JTM  in
Arizona on 2 meters and best DX with this set up on 1296 was K2DRH on 1296 and
W5LUA on 2304.

John B. N8UM Oak Ridge, Tennessee