Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL Proposal for a combined 10 Meter & 6 MeterConte

To: Tom Carney <wa4qvq@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL Proposal for a combined 10 Meter & 6 MeterContest
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 15:53:19 -0400
Tom: I'm not discouraging use of CW, but emphasizing working the station
any way possible. SSB, CW, "JT" modes etc. Often, in VHF contests, if I am
having trouble on SSB, I will just switch to CW on the same frequency to
complete the QSO. Allowing CW or mixed mode QSOs in the phone bands
requires the provision that a station be worked once per band, regardless
of mode. --Mike, WV2ZOW