Re: [VHFcontesting] Icom IC-9700 for contesting

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Icom IC-9700 for contesting
From: Buddy Morgan via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 14:01:41 +0000 (UTC)
I will supplement the  two previous posts. I use a '9700 with PAs on all three
bands. I use the DX Shop band switcher. My radio seems to be very sensitive.  I
do not use preamps on any band. WSJT works well. If you are going to do serious
contesting, you owe it to yourself to buy the Bodnar GPSDO and the Injection
kit.

Buddy WB4OMG