[WriteLog] KP4VP and WPX

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] KP4VP and WPX
From: faunt@panix.com (Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604)
Date: Mon Feb 10 15:11:48 2003
To: <writelog@contesting.com>
   Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:23:57 +0000
   From: K4SB <k4sb@earthlink.net>

   > Seemed deaf at times.. but we weren't sure if he had such a pileup he
   > couldn't print anything or maybe he had wide filters?
   > I don't know him personally and wouldn't accuse him of anything without
   > knowing his situation
   > Tom Baugh
   > AE9B

   I called him for about 10 mins, along with, I think W0ODL??? No
   response to either
   of us, and I could copy all calling, which was about 3. Now when you
   point a WIDE
   spaced 5 element beam at him and he's 30/9, somethings wrong. Not to
   mention the
   W0 was almost S8 to the back.

   The only thing I would accuse him of is not having a receiver.

Maybe a high local noise level?  I got whacked on this on 20M this
time.  It's unfortunate, but saying he's doing it intentionally is a
bit much.

73, doug