Re: [WriteLog] Start Sending Now feature in Writelog

To: "Bob Henderson" <bob@cytanet.com.cy>, <writelog@contesting.com>,"Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Start Sending Now feature in Writelog
From: "Clive Whelan" <clive.whelan@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 17:14:51 -0000
5B4AGN  wrote

<Thanks for the explanation Rick.  I would certainly support a move to have
this functionality available in Writelog.>

I would counsel caution. It is without doubt, an incredible piece of
functionality for which N6TR deserves kudos. But, and it is a big but, it is
very unforgiving. There is simply no room for error, and sending commences
at the specified character count, whether you're ready or not. This can lead
to- how should I put it-unexpected results, and certainly could make me seem
a bigger lid than I am. I think for close to touch typists, it is pure
magic, but for the rest of us, well.....

Of course it is an option in TR not a necessity, so there is no reason why
the functionality should be included. Rick is absolutely correct of course
that searching for Insert to commence the sending is plain pedantic, and
surely only CT freaks would do that. Using the <ENTER> key for this function
is just so much better, as has been repeatedly stated.

<Writelog is an excellent product but a little more functionality for CW ops
would make it even better.>

Is there a superlative form of Amen? If so that's what I want to say. WL is
currently held back by being chiefly aimed at RTTY ops. The techniques for
RTTY and CW are r-a-d-i-c-a-l-l-y different. SSB? hmm, just don't know
enough about that mode. I don't mind copying the stuff, but talking?, that's
a non starter!

73

Clive
GW3NJW