[WriteLog] Sending K3 commands in 10.80

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <WriteLog@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sending K3 commands in 10.80
From: "K2MK" <k2mk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 09:26:04 -0400
I was wondering if anyone was successfully sending K3 commands using 10.80.
I am only able to get the following error message along the status line:
error result -3 sending rig command(10)

I believe I have followed the instructions properly. I entered the following
information in the Keyboard Shortcuts and then saved the configuration:
SUBTRACT=Rig1Command(10)
I'm using the subtract key but I also tried this using F12. My K3 is on COM
port 1.

I've modified the ini file located in the Virtual Store directory of my
Vista PC to include the following line.
Macro_10=SWT42;
This is the command for CW AUTO SPOT.

The header line of [Elecraft_K3_commands] was not in my ini file so I
entered it also. I put both lines just above the [Summary] header as
follows:
[Elecraft_K3_commands]
Macro_10=SWT42;

Any help would be appreciated.