Topband: FCP vs Gull Wing Elevated Radials

To: topBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FCP vs Gull Wing Elevated Radials
From: Mark K3MSB <mark.k3msb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 13:04:33 -0400
This kind of goes with the other thread that has morphed into the FCP
topic, but is a bit different.

With an FCP feeding the INV-L,  the bottom of the INV-L will be at least 10
feet off the ground.    With my existing trees I can barely get up 50 feet
from the ground.   So, the INV-L will have 40 feet of vertical radiator.

Using a pair of resonant gull winged radials feeding the INV-L at the
base,  the vertical part will be 50 feet.

From what I’ve read,  the FCP is a better solution over a pair of resonant
gull wing radials,   but I’ve also read that vertical length of an INV-L is
important.   So there’s a tradeoff to be considered.

Comments?

Due to real estate considerations,  I can put up only 2 one-half wavelength
resonant radials

Mark K3MSB