Re: [TowerTalk] Tower foundation and bedrock

To: Bill Parry <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower foundation and bedrock
From: Dick's <rcblumen@centurylink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 17:27:16 -0400
Chuck - I don’t know if the explosives comment was tongue-in-cheek, but I think
I would stay away from explosives. The last thing you want to do is loosen the
soil surrounding the hole. Besides the weight of the foundation, I believe the
stiffness of the soil around the concrete base helps to counteract the wind
torque.

Good luck on your project.

Dick, K0CAT

Sent from my iPhone