Re: [TowerTalk] solid THHN vs jacketed copperweld

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] solid THHN vs jacketed copperweld
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 08:39:03 -0400
Perhaps next time I am in Bonaire I'll rent a vehicle that can make it down
the rough road leading to the PJ4K superstation.

Do you have to frequently adjust the 80m yagi?  I am wondering bending will
cause weakness at the ends.

John KK9A aka PJ4R

Richard Smith n6kt

 I chose #14 Hard Drawn bare copper wire for a couple of 80 Meter wire yagi
antennas at the station PJ4K in Bonaire. It is too soon to know how well it
will hold up, as we just installed them this year. I chose hard drawn to
minimize stretch (which might cause detuning), and bare wire to reduce
tuning time from the variation of velocity factor related to the insulation.
I'm not sure if this was the best choice, but it seemed to make sense.
73, Rich, N6KT
    On Monday, September 19, 2022 at 08:30:03 PM PDT, john at kk9a.com <john