Re: [TowerTalk] High-Tension Wires

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] High-Tension Wires
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 21:27:49 -0700
On 10/19/2022 5:56 PM, Paul F. Merrill wrote:
Should I pass on the property?  The HF towers would be <500’ from the
wires. Given the 4 seasons, ice, humidity, etc.  is this doomed to failure
by its very proximity?

I have HV distro lines running above my property line and parallel to it. I'm guessing 250-300 ft from the main tower with SteppIR and 30 ft 6M Yagi. Like Pete and Barry, it's always other stuff I hear.

You can look at my QTH on Google Earth -- the distro line is running SE/NW to the SE of my home.

73, Jim K9YC