Re: [Amps] Current draw at 110 volts for SB-200 and SB-1000

To: "Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@ic24.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Current draw at 110 volts for SB-200 and SB-1000
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:41:40 -0800
Steve,

I was speaking of the case where I have a brick on the key (A0).
When I measured the power factor of the amp in this mode a
while back, it was something like 0.80. I would agree with you
that line voltage drop would be hard to measure in intermittment
CW or SSB service, but in A0 (brick on key), I think its pretty
straightforward. Or am I missing something?

73 de Mike, W4EF................