Re: [Amps] Current draw at 110 volts for SB-200 and SB-1000

To: "Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@ic24.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Current draw at 110 volts for SB-200 and SB-1000
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:08:33 -0800
Okay, I see what you are getting at Steve. That makes sense,
and in fact I should be able to see it if I put an oscope on the
line. Perhaps I will do that sometime. BTW, FWIW when I run
the L-7 off my Honda EU2000i generator, there is very little
change in the RMS line voltage from no load to load (much
better regulation than off the 110V outlet in the shack). I should
run the oscope on the Honda sometime to see how good the
"true sine" waveform looks when its powering the amplifier.
That should be interesting.