Re: [CQ-Contest] FT-920 - IC-718

To: KE5CTY Bob <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>,CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT-920 - IC-718
From: Steve London <n2ic@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:22:12 -0400
Bob,

The FT-920 is a contest-worthy radio.  I used the 920 once in a serious contest
effort, and was pleasantly surprised.  Several serious contesters I know use
them, and are very happy with them.

The IC-718 is a toy. See the review in July 2000 QST.  Note the comment in the
review "bear in mind that this radio, like the IC-706, was never intended to
have high-end "competitive" receive characteristics".

In this same price range, consider the TS-850S.

73,
Steve, N2IC