[CQ-Contest] Which contest in not my favorite contest?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Which contest in not my favorite contest?
From: "VE5ZX" <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 15:16:00 -0600
Question: Which contest is a real boring contest?

Answer: Any DX contest in any mode when your QTH is in VE5 and the Kindex > 2.

The ARRL DX SSB contest last weekend qualified! Sometimes the CQWW qualifies too! Last year the BERU definitely qualified - 34 Qs in total! And some years nearly every DX contest qualifies!

When I hear complaints that a given DX contest is not much fun or other such comments I get a whisper of an idea --- an idea to put say $100k in my will to be awarded to the first single SOLP op who places in the top 5 for North America. Then I image how large the invest grow to be a 5% interest before it was won. Eventually I realize that is it probably a waste of money and I let the idea go.

If you live in North America and you find yourself say - wow this DX contest is boring - then imagine how boring would be if you lived in VE5 land. It may help you realize that perhaps you are having a real blast!

Syl - VE5ZX