Re: [CQ-Contest] Which contest in not my favorite contest?

To: "'VE5ZX'" <ve5zx@hotmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Which contest in not my favorite contest?
From: "Sam Ferris" <ve5sf@sasktel.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 18:18:32 -0600
Interesting perspective Syl.  I have often experienced the same thing
when poor propagation strikes.  Beyond that most frustrating is hearing
east cost stations working European DX on 80 and 40 metres and I cannot
hear the Eu stations at all.

I find ARRL DX - particluarly the CW contests to be one of the best
contests going.  A hour or 2 running on CW with the European and eastern
stations from here can be at lot of fun when propagation is favourable.
Looking at ARRL another way, it allows some chance for low power and a
tribander to find and keep a spot, at least on CW.

Sam
VE5SF