Re: [CQ-Contest] WAE QTC tactics

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WAE QTC tactics
From: Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou@voyackey.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 09:46:33 +0900 (JST)
In article <CABPfG-7u74sX02gY5PPdV_WsXcu4znVkpGXmhaJSk13Kc=s2Bw@mail.gmail.com>,
        Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org> wrote,
        on "Tue, 11 Aug 2015 16:17:00 -0400";

> I tend to go fast in general -- was typically CQing at 38-40 wpm.  I was
> surprised that quite a few did not ask for QRS on QTC -- in fact, did a
> couple of QTCs at 42 wpm with no fills!!  Some fine ops in Europe!!
> However, if the caller was sending slower, I would immediately QRS.

I didn't QRS even if her/he was sending slower, since her/he should know
my speed and didn't ask QRS.  But, I slowed down when her/he asked resend.

> We ended up with two QTCs left.  I guess this is somewhat typical.

It depends on where you operate.  From JA, it's not easy to exhaust all QTCs,
since low bands and 20m are almost down after 21Z.  This time 67 out of 1233
were left.

> Only complaint: if you're from Europe and you want QTCs, and you come by my
> frequency, dont send just  QTC? without a call. It makes no sense -- I MAY
> have QTCs for you -- but I don't know if I don't have your call, and
> therefore have to ask you for it.  <Callsign> QTC? would be a much better
> way of asking.

I totally agree.
--
Katsuhiro 'Don' Kondou, JH5GHM (JH1GBZ for contesting)