Re: [CQ-Contest] WAE QTC tactics

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WAE QTC tactics
From: Christian Schneider <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 09:42:56 +0200
Am 12.08.2015 um 23:58 schrieb Saulius Zalnerauskas:
And dont use this stupid @TEST@ after CQ TEST CALL CALL
Why "stupid"???
If I come to a frequency only hearing tailend "LY5W" I do NOT know whether you are calling CQ or calling another station. When you leave out "test" forcing me to wait whether to call or not you save time at my expense. Could be called stupid, too. Both ways have advantages and disadvantages, but stupid is something different. In RTTY for example it is a well established practice to add "CQ" at the end of your CQ-string after your call.
Chris DL8MBS