Re: [CQ-Contest] Ohio is now West Coast - rebuttal

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ohio is now West Coast - rebuttal
From: Richard F DiDonna NN3W <richnn3w@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 09:19:14 -0500
The east coast USA has and advantage (usually), just like the far eastern part of Canada has an advantage over the east coast USA (usually), just like southern Italy has an advantage over Bolzano (usually).

It simply cannot be equalized under current rules.

And, as Doug mentioned, depending on who comes out to play and what level, you can definitely see winners other than what you would expect...If winning is your only metric.

A small group of us did a M2 last week for ARRL DX. We hoped we would win, but didn't think we were guaranteed a win. We opted for M2 so that each person got maximum chair time - mainly to have fun and not watch the other ops have fun. That was a victory for us!

73 Rich NN3W